Buying and Selling a Business - Completion
Submit Articles Back to Articles
23 December 2013
The parties have finally signed the agreements and everything
has been finalised, but there still remains some matters which need
completing. A completion agenda will be put into place which will
include, but is not limited to:
- Buildings and contents insurance (risk passes to the buyer
- VAT registration
- National Insurance
- Transfer of any utility accounts
- For Share Purchases – detailed board minutes dealing with
the share transfer and any formal requirements.
- Preparation of an announcement to the suppliers, customers,
employees and the public.
- Director resignations and appointments.
- Transfer of IP rights and real estate.
- Preparation of completion accounts.
- Carry out all the necessary filing and complete any
practical issues relating to the transfer.
By Muhammed Poswall
About the Author
Solicitors offer services and advice for litigation,
commercial contracts, Intellectual Property and IT legal agreements. We
are experts in commercial law with a heavy emphasis on Intellectual
Property, Internet and e-commerce law. Lawdit is a member of the
International Trademark Association, the Solicitors' Association of
Higher Court Advocates and we are the appointed Solicitors to the
largest webdesign association in the world, the United Kingdom Website
Follow us @Scopulus_News
Article Published/Sorted/Amended on Scopulus 2014-02-25 09:14:40 in Legal Articles