Increase Your Chances of Attracting Your Ideal Clients
Submit Articles Back to Articles
Wouldn't it be great if you had a steady stream of ideal clients? Wouldn't
you love to have all the time that you want to allocate to work filled with
Well stop selling and start attracting; stop pushing services onto prospective
clients and start pulling ideal clients needs to provide services they actual
If you're like me, you don't like being sold to and there are many people who
feel the same way. So if your ideal clients don't like being sold to how do you
get their business and develop life long, profitable relationships with them?
Firstly you have to know who your ideal clients are, what specific problems they
have and what your unique proposition is that can solve their problems. Secondly
you need to get the word out there and create a dialogue with your ideal clients
to let them know that their problems can be solved by your great services.
The art of marketing can be a joy to engage in and be part of or it can be a
chore and an unprofitable drain on your business.
"People don't want to be "marketed TO"; they want to be "communicated WITH."
So why does so much marketing not hit the spot? Here are some common
* No consistent and constant system - no planning and thought
* Ad hoc advertising - 1 off expensive adverts in non specific
* Scatter gun approach - no targeting
* Confused messages - lack of clarity about on what and to whom you are speaking
* Selling a service not solving a problem/providing an opportunity - blowing
your trumpet and blahing about how great you are rather than highlighting a
problem or an opportunity and showing you have the ideal solution i.e. you need
to be client centric not you centric
* Marketing materials that bore, are poorly thought out and don't engage
"You must have mind share before you can have market share." Christopher
By using an attraction approach to your marketing you make a simple yet critical
mind shift in how you think about your marketing. So this week my challenge to
you is to go One Step Further and take some action
1. Compete a review of your current marketing activity and analyse what is
working and what isn't along with assessing what activity has attracted most of
your ideal clients.
2. Complete a review of your current marketing materials including your business
card, website, brochures, presentations and any advertising you have done.
- Ask your ideal clients what attracted them to you as opposed to any one else
- Ask them what they think of your business card, website, brochure
- Ask them what they would do to better promote your services if they were you
3. Develop a marketing plan for the next 6 months which
- focuses on specific outcomes you want to achieve
- specifically targets your ideal clients
- delivers specific messages that will attract clients to you
- eliminates what isn't working
"In the factory we make cosmetics; in the drugstore we sell hope."
About the Author
Beverley Hamilton works with independent business consultants to help them
grow a profitable consultancy and still have time for their life. You can get my
Free Ecourse Discover the 5 Most Common Incorrect Assumptions Independent
Business Consultants Make and a complimentary subscription to Quickstart,
the newsletter specifically for consultants. Go to
One Step Further
for more instantly accessible resources. Your future Your choice!
Follow us @Scopulus_News
Article Published/Sorted/Amended on Scopulus 2008-03-16 19:24:01 in Business Articles