Submit Articles Back to Articles
The current bad weather has identified a number of omissions
in company Business Continuity Plans. These plans usually concentrate
on fire, flood, utility interruption and health scares. This
year it should also include snow and ice.
Now is the time to review Business Continuity and Disaster recovery
Some elements are:
- What to do if staff are unable to get in to work;
- What to do if deliveries cannot be made;
- What to do if incoming goods cannot be delivered;
- Purchase rock salt or ice melting products;
- Check heating, purchase heating oil supplies if appropriate;
- Ensure that company vehicles are ready to meet the winter;
- Tyres are correctly inflated;
- Tyres have at least 1.6mm of tread;
- Antifreeze is at the correct level;
- Windscreen washer filled with screen wash solution and
not just plain water;
- Screen scraper and de-icer kept in the vehicle.
- Computer systems checked and updated as necessary
- Uninterruptable power supplies tested and batteries
replaced as necessary;
These are just some of the precautions which will make life a
little easier until the Spring arrives.
About the Author
Chris Eden FIBC, MISSA, ACQI is a director of Quality Matters
Limited an established independent management consultancy based in
Essex, UK which specialises in ISO27001
Information Security Management consultancy.
Follow us @Scopulus_News
Article Published/Sorted/Amended on Scopulus 2013-03-14 16:10:06 in Business Articles
Copyright © 2004-2020 Scopulus Limited. All rights reserved.