Tax Help for Those Affected by Foot and Mouth Outbreak
Submit Articles Back to Articles
HMRC has noted that individuals and businesses may have difficulty in meeting
their tax obligations as a result of the recent foot and mouth outbreak. HMRC
have therefore made the following concessions to those affected:
* To defer collection of taxes and duties or agree instalments arrangements
where taxpayers are unable to pay as a result of severe difficulty;
* To suspend debt collection proceedings;
* To defer compliance checks and investigations;
* To provide advice concerning other tax issues caused by the outbreak;
* If appropriate to consider giving up their right to interest and surcharges
on tax that is paid late due to the outbreak.
Furthermore, a new Helpline (0845 366 1207) has been set up to support those
affected by foot and mouth disease.
About the Author
Solicitors Bromsgrove West Midlands is a dynamic firm of legal experts
offering clients the highest level of service and support. If you would like to
find out more about the services that we provide, please visit our website
to arrange a meeting.
Follow us @Scopulus_News
Article Published/Sorted/Amended on Scopulus 2008-04-08 09:49:28 in Tax Articles