Ten Steps to Mapping Out Your Plan
Submit Articles Back to Articles
Once you have a vision and values-based S.M.A.R.T goals, itís time to put a
plan together for achieving them. This plan MUST be a written (or typed)
document. Here are 10 easy steps for completing the plan:
1. Select a format for recording your plan. I have a couple different formats
Iíll make available on the Resources page of my website.
2. Stephen Covey tells us to ďbegin with the end in mindĒ meaning start with
where you want to end and work your way backwards recording all the necessary
3. Organize the tasks into either phases or logical sections. This helps
break down the goal into smaller parts that feel more attainable.
4. Once subdivided, prioritize the tasks in each section and identify any
dependencies between tasks.
5. Calculate the amount of time needed to complete each task and phase. If
these calculations donít match the completion date of the goal you will either
need to alter the end date of your goal, or commit more time and resources to
getting the tasks done sooner.
6. Assign due dates to each task.
7. Set aside time in your calendar each day/week to actually work on
completing the tasks you identified in your plan. Too often when working with
clients I find they do the planning and write it down but neglect to set time
aside in their calendar to actually do the work. Make an appointment with
yourself and stick to it.
8. Take time each week to review your progress and check off completed tasks
in your plan. Itís very gratifying.
9. Notice what is and isnít working with your plan and make any needed
modifications and updates.
10. Each month, review your Vision, Goals and Plan to refocus on the big
picture and celebrate your successes. This will keep the momentum flowing.
About the Author
Victoria Cook, The Guilt-Free Coach, helps ambitious working Moms create more
time and focus to accomplish their goals, grow their business, and live
guilt-free! Get free resources for increasing YOUR time and reducing stress at
Follow us @Scopulus_News
Article Published/Sorted/Amended on Scopulus 2008-07-09 22:27:36 in Business Articles