The 6 Key Strategies for Independent Consultants
Submit Articles Back to Articles
There are 6 key strategies which I think will focus your business and here is
a recap of what they are and their key elements.
Strategy 1 - Take Control of Your Time
* Take control of you - get focused and clear about how you spend your time, why
you are spending your time on certain things as opposed to others.
* Put in place routines and habits to optimise your core skills and talents,
"offload" non core work and eliminate "time stealers"
Strategy 2 - Create a Clear Vision for Your Future
* Know what business you are in, what you are aiming to achieve for yourself
from your business and how that fits with your life.
* Define what products and services you are going to offer and how they create
opportunities, solve problems or support strategies of your chosen target
* Define your brand identity and values and make that a living DNA for your
Strategy 3 - Attract Your Ideal Clients
* Define your ideal client - define your niche - specifically who they are,
where they are and what they need
* Create a "marketing pie" (a variety of channels through which your ideal
clients can find you) and a constant and consistent marketing funnel to
"attract" clients to you
* Create products and services which feed a need want or desire for your ideal
Strategy 4 - Acquire Raving Fans
* Work with your clients to grow your network
* Use testimonials and advocates to "spread the word" about what you do and how
you do it
* Consistently deliver what you say you will and fulfil your clients expressed
wishes and their unexpressed wishes
* Get your network to rave about what you can do
Strategy 5 - Build Effective Business Systems
* Put processes and systems in place that are repeatable, effective and take the
load off your time
* Use your time to do what you are good at and enjoy and find other people to do
all the necessary "stuff" e.g. accounts
* Monitor and measure your marketing and service delivery so you can repeat what
works, change what doesn't and improve to deliver further client value
Strategy 6 - Develop a Network of Strategic Alliances
* Offer more by creating joint ventures
* Create greater opportunities by leveraging your network of skills and
* Work with individuals and companies that add something more to your offering
thereby creating more profit and opportunity for all concerned and deliver
greater total value to your clients
Your business as an independent business consultant is your baby so make it work
for you; well why wouldn't you!!
About the Author
Beverley Hamilton works with independent business consultants to help them
grow a profitable consultancy and still have time for their life. You can get my
Free Ecourse Discover the 5 Most Common Incorrect Assumptions Independent
Business Consultants Make and a complimentary subscription to Quickstart,
the newsletter specifically for consultants. Go to
One Step Further
for more instantly accessible resources. Your future Your choice!
Follow us @Scopulus_News
Article Published/Sorted/Amended on Scopulus 2008-03-16 19:24:01 in Business Articles
Copyright © 2004-2020 Scopulus Limited. All rights reserved.