Are You Leading a Learning Business
Submit Articles Back to Articles
"The purpose of learning is growth, and our minds, unlike our bodies, can continue growing as long as we live." Mortimer Adler
* Do you take time to learn?
* Do you schedule time to learn?
* Do you look for learning everywhere and from anyone?
"I am learning all the time. The tombstone will be my diploma." Eartha Kitt
You, like me, have probably been to numerous seminars, read numerous books and had numerous "how to" conversations with numerous different people, and yet...
* How much of what you have heard have you reflected upon and applied?
* How much of what you have been enthusiastic about at the time you heard it, has stayed in your memory bank and not made its way into action?
* How much of what you already know, at whatever level, could really help you in your business NOW?
Why is that?
One of the main reasons I believe is that to take the step from knowing to applying is harder than we first imagine or at least that's what we think. The general busyness and day to day "stuff" takes over our thinking, reflecting and application time, so very little changes.
What a shame that all the knowledge we already have is under utilised. There is an old Chinese proverb which says "To know and not to do is not to know"
So what do you already know? What is already stored in your memory, on your PC in your filing cabinet and on your bookshelf that is the answer to your questions right now?
Start applying - you already know enough for today, tomorrow and next week, so stop thinking about what you think you don't know and make real progress using what you do know.
Here are some common questions SME owners and consultants have. All you have to do is imagine that your life depended on taking action now - what can you do?
1. How do I control my time more effectively?
2. How do I get more of the right type of clients?
3. How do I develop an effective marketing plan?
4. How can I raise my profile?
5. How can I spend more time on hobbies and with my family?
6. How do I deal with poor paying clients?
7. How can I plan when things seem to change all the time?
8. How do I get more repeat business?
9. How do I differentiate my consultancy from all the others?
10. How can I get more organised?
What one thing do you already know that would answer each of the above questions if you applied it? You already know at least one thing, so go deep into your variety of physical and memory files, dig out one thing and apply it.
Progress starts with one step and then One Step Further, all you have to do is take it.
"Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Willing is not enough; we must do." Goethe
About the AuthorBeverley Hamilton works with independent business consultants to help them grow a profitable consultancy and still have time for their life. You can get my Free Ecourse Discover the 5 Most Common Incorrect Assumptions Independent Business Consultants Make and a complimentary subscription to Quickstart, the newsletter specifically for consultants. Go to One Step Further for more instantly accessible resources. Your future Your choice!
Follow us @Scopulus_News
Article Published/Sorted/Amended on Scopulus 2007-01-13 23:48:05 in Business Articles