Business Success Tips During Economic Volatility
Submit Articles Back to Articles
f you find yourself aimless and seek to find your mission, then you can find
ways to align the stars. Rather than question, “Why me”? Perhaps it is time to
ask “Why not me”?
Here are some thoughts to assist your mission, align the stars and live the
remainder of your life with a purpose.
1. Stop manifesting in self-doubt. We tend to wallow too much in despair.
What you focus on you become. Become great by focusing on the positive!
2. Listen. Stop and smell the roses. By this I mean listen to all around you,
friends, colleagues, peers, the Lord. Professional Speaking did not enter my
mind until someone suggested teaching.
3. Stop looking for the perfection. Success comes from not using the elevator
of life but one step at a time. If you love what you do the money will come to
you. Refrain from trying to make your world perfect… it doesn’t exist.
4. Build a brand or message that emotionally and intelligently involves the
client. Too much competition today confuses clients, seek differentiation and
5. Ironically, 63% of us go at least 10 mph or more over the speed limit. We
drive 70 mph on a dark and slick road. 81% drink at a social gathering and drive
home. We choose not to take risk because we believe we are not ready. Fact, you
will never be ready! Risk is about confidence, risk is about self worth. If you
are confident, you will take the risk. If you are passionate, you will take the
risk and if you have self worth, you will take the risk.
6. Passion comes from the Greek word entheos which means to be filled with
God. When you are filled in spirit you are instantly filled with energy and
inspiration. Find something you are passionate about and you will make money at
7. Confidence is the attitude of 80-year-old women that attends college to
get her bachelor’s degree or Thomas Edison that tried 10,000 times to get it
right! If you are confident in your abilities you can achieve anything you set
your mind to!
8. Competence. People seek you and your services because of your expertise.
Illustrated your expertise with speaking, consulting, writing articles or
anything else that attracts people to you. Your expertise will be sought only if
you show it.
Confidence plus passion, plus, market need plus competence begets success.
Success is easy if you know where to look. You do not have to point true north
or west, simply at yourself. Success begins with you. As Loa Tzu once stated the
journey of 1,000 miles begins with the first step. You must make a move. Live
each day in acquisition, live each day in passion, live each day knowing that
your success lies within you not in others.
Additional Success Tips
1. Keep raising the bar Look for new and innovative ways to achieve results
2. Results are about choices you make You are the average of the 5 people you
spend the most time with.
3. Winning is about hits not home runs Each day, each goal, each success is
movement toward your dream.
4. Be a student of the game. Learn what you did right and keep on doing it.
©2007 Drew Stevens PhD. All Rights Reserved.
About the Author
!. Results is about choices you make You are the average of the 5 people you
spend the most time with. – Jim Rohn 2. Use approaches of the masters Find a
mentoring group or mastermind group and share the secrets that make others
successful 3. Journal your success Develop a journal of all your successes, do
not lament about failure seek out positive results and attitude.
Follow us @Scopulus_News
Article Published/Sorted/Amended on Scopulus 2007-11-23 11:42:59 in Business Articles