Staff Suggestion Scheme
Submit Articles Back to Articles
How To Pay Your Staff Tax Free By Using The Staff Suggestion Scheme!
This scheme is specifically allowed and provided for in the legislation. It
is very simple to operate and works as follows…
- Employees can be rewarded for making suggestions that relate to your
business activities, and where the conditions apply, the payments can be made
without tax or NI being payable. You get tax relief on the payment through
your accounts, just as you do with paying normal salaries.
- If a suggestion is implemented and a real financial is expected to accrue,
the employee can be paid the lower of; half the annual benefit expected in the
short or medium term and £5000.
- Payments of up to £25 can be made for employees' suggestions as an
encouragement, whether or not the suggestion is implemented. Employees can
make as many suggestions as they want.
- The suggestion must be outside the scope of the employees' normal duties,
so a production employee or director could suggest a sales idea for example.
- The suggestion must not be made in a meeting held for the purpose of
- The scheme must be formally set up but no formal approval is needed from
HM Revenue & Customs.
- It must be open to all employees and not be part of their contractual pay
or benefits entitlements.
How We Can Help You
We can assist you in setting up a staff suggestion scheme and providing basic
About the Author
Jonathan Amponsah BSc FCCA is a UK Tax Expert and the founding partner of
A M P Associates –
A specialist firm of chartered certified accountants and tax advisers based in
London and Surrey. Jonathan advises on a wide range of business and tax issues
and he is recognized for his proactive and innovative approach to taxation.
Jonathan can be contacted on 0845 009 8845 or email:email@example.com
Follow us @Scopulus_News
Article Published/Sorted/Amended on Scopulus 2008-06-02 23:26:38 in Tax Articles
Copyright © 2004-2021 Scopulus Limited. All rights reserved.